Resolution 1580 (2007)/8/cmt/en
8. Creationism has many contradictory aspects. The “intelligent design” idea, which is the latest, more refined version of creationism, does not deny a certain degree of evolution. However, intelligent design, presented in a more subtle way, seeks to portray its approach as scientific, and therein lies the danger.
- Creationism has many contradictory aspects -- Here again we find loads of unsupported claims without any support in documentation. Believers in creation points out that it is within the theory of evolution we find really many contradictory aspects. (MM)
- refined version of creationism -- Intelligent Design (ID) doesn't concern them self with the identity of the Creator. But Christian believers in creation think that the most important in the creation is the creator. Therefore it is entirely wrong to claim that it is a "refinement" of the belief in a creator to not acknowledge the creator! Christian believers in creation know that it is most important to confess WHO the creator is, because how else could we expect the Creator to want to confess us? Jesus said;
"32. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." (Matt 10:32-33).
Consequently there lays no natural "refinement" in talking about creation but "not" acknowledge the name or identity of the Creator. Having said this it must be emphasized that most believers in creation fully support all valid and good arguments used within the Intelligent Design movement, and the fact that among them there are many having a Christian faith.
- degree of evolution – Believers in creation does not talk about any "degree of evolution", instead they acknowledge different kinds of change. The Council of Europe doesn't see the difference (between degree and kind), or they try intentionally to create a false notion about the views of their opponents and then later attack their own false description!
- intelligent design... as scientific, and therein lies the danger -- The Council of Europe sees fancied dangers. It is the Council of Europe themselves who conjure up false threatening picture because the real problem is something entirely different. The problem is that the Council of Europe refuses to acknowledge other views than their own naturalistic philosophy. In this resolution the Council of Europe clearly demonstrates how they try to damage and marginalize Christian believers of creation by ill-intentioned defamation with texts full of intentional demonizing. (RIL)